Cody Rhodes did a detailed interview with ESPN that produced some interesting All Elite Wrestling news items. Below are the highlights:
- There is a relationship between Mike Tyson, AEW and Tony Khan. Cody Rhodes hinted we have not seen the last of Tyson in the promotion.
- There is no update on when PAC will be able to get back in the country to rejoin AEW. AEW is highly anticipating his return.
- Miro (f/k/a Rusev) and Matt Cardona (f/k/a Zack Ryder) are on AEW’s radar as hot free agents they would like to sign.
- Rey Mysterio is friends with Chris Jericho and signing him to AEW may be something worth discussing at some point.
- It would be up to Kenny Omega, Brandi Rhodes and Tony Khan as to whether or not they pursue Tessa Blanchard. It is understood Blanchard has a lot of talent and was on All In and Cody stated that he is sure it is something Brandi and Tony have discussed.
- Neither Luke Gallows nor Karl Anderson have heat with AEW, despite coming close to signing last year before re-signing with WWE, per Cody. Cody stated he loves Gallows and he is the most carny wrestler in the history of wrestling. Cody stated Gallows told him a number he was offered, got drunk, and an hour later told him a different number that was higher than the initial number. Cody confirmed Gallows and Anderson were “at the finish line” to signing with AEW, but in the end, made a business decision.
You can read ESPN’s complete interview with Cody at this link.