WWE announced on WWE.Com that WWE Smackdown Live tag team champions The New Day will defend their titles against The Revival. The champs have been targeted as of late by The Revival and Randy Orton. The challengers have gotten the upper hand on The New Day many times, and will look to do so once more at Clash of Champions.
WWE also announced that reigning Intercontinental champion, Shinsuke Nakamura will defend his championship against The Miz. Shinsuke appears to have recently found a friend in Sami Zayn, and the pair have taken to showing their dominance over WWE’s resident A-Lister, The Miz.
We have the updated card for WWE Clash of Champions:
- Seth Rollins (c) vs. Braun Strowman (Universal championship)
- Seth Rollins & Braun Strowman (c) vs. Robert Roode & Dolph Ziggler (Raw tag team championship)
- Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. The Miz (Intercontinental championship)
- Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Randy Orton (WWE championship)
- The New Day (c) vs. The Revival (SmackDown tag team championship)
- King of the Ring tournament final
- Bayley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair (SmackDown women’s championship)
- Drew Gulak (c) vs. Humberto Carrillo (Cruiserweight championship)
Rumored matches to take place are:
- Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan
- Women’s tag team championship match
- Becky Lynch (c) vs Sasha Banks (Raw Women’s Championship)
WWE Clash of Champions will take place on Sunday, Sept. 15, at the Spectrum Center in Charlotte, North Carolina.