Paul Heyman, who is the WWE RAW Executive Director, made the call to change the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship on RAW this week as opposed to SummerSlam, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
Details as to why Heyman wanted to move the Fatal Four-Way Elimination Match from the pay-per-view to free TV are unknown but speculation suggests the match was able to get more time on RAW, thus making the title change mean more. It is worth note that while Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross were put over, it wasn’t long ago WWE officials were grooming Asuka and Kairi Sane to carry the straps.
There are still parts of the SummerSlam card that are in flux as the card has yet to be internally finalized. Drew McIntyre vs. Cedric Alexander is a bout that has been talked but yet to be officially announced.
The card for Sunday’s SummerSlam pay-per-view from the Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Ontario, Canada is currently as follows:
– Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins for the WWE Universal Championship
– Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton for the WWE Championship
– Becky Lynch vs. Natalya in a Submission Match for the RAW Women’s Championship
– Bayley vs. Ember Moon for the SmackDown Women’s Championship
– AJ Styles vs. Ricochet for the WWE United States Championship
– Drew Gulak vs. Oney Lorcan for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
– Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens, if Owens loses he will quit WWE
– Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt
– Goldberg vs. Dolph Ziggler
– Charlotte Flair vs. Trish Stratus