The NXT UK relaunch will air next Thursday, September 17, from BT Sport Studios in London. Several items have been announced ahead of the brand’s return:
– The September 17th episode will feature Amir Jordan & Kenny Williams challenging Wolfgang & Mark Coffey of Gallus for the NXT UK Tag Team Championship.
– Piper Niven will challenge Kay Lee Ray for the NXT UK Women’s Championship in two weeks on September 24.
– The NXT UK Heritage Cup tournament will commence next week with eight men competing: Noam Dar, Alexander Wolfe, Flash Morgan Webster, A-Kid, Dave Mastiff, Trent Seven, Joseph Conners, and a mystery man.
The rules for the tournament are as follows, according to dot com:
- All matches consist of six three-minute rounds.
- All matches are 2-out-of-3 Falls.
- Falls can won be won by pinfall, submission or count-out.
- Once a fall occurs, the round ends.
- The match ends once a wrestler has won two falls.
- In the event of a disqualification or knockout, the match instantly ends without the need for two falls.
- If all six rounds are completed, whomever is ahead on falls wins the match.
- There will be a 20-second break between each round.
Per the article, the NXT UK Heritage Cup will be defended as a championship under the same rules after the tournament is over.
Stay tuned to WrestlingNews.com for the latest NXT UK updates.