WWE announced today on their facebook page that WWE Champion Kofi Kingston will defend his championship against The Viper, Randy Orton. Kofi Kingston and Randy Orton have been embroiled in a feud that saw both men counted out in their championship match at WWE Summerslam.
The feud has seen real life issues brought to the forefront when Kofi Kingston accused Randy Orton of holding him back 11 years ago. Kofi seemed poised for a main event run when he made the mistake of mis-timing an RKO during their match on the January 11, 2010 edition of Monday Night Raw. This led to The Viper calling Kofi “Stupid” repeatedly and derailing what could have been a major point in Kofi’s career.
Other confirmed matches for Clash of Champions are as follows:
– Seth Rollins (c) vs. Braun Strowman for the Universal Championship
– Kofi Kingston (c) Vs Randy Orton for the WWE Championship
– Seth Rollins & Braun Strowman (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode for the Raw Tag Team Championships
– Bayley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair for the Smackdown Women’s Championship
– King of the Ring Tournament Final
WWE Clash of Champions will take place on Sunday, September 15, at the Spectrum Center in Charlotte, North Carolina.