Welcome to WrestlingNews.com’s exclusive live coverage of WWE Hell in a Cell. The show is live from the ThunderDome at Amway Center in Orlando, Florida.
WWE Hell in a Cell Results
Sunday, October 25, 2020
From the ThunderDome in Orlando, Florida
Live on the WWE Network
- R-Truth beat Drew Gulak in a Kickoff match to retain the WWE 24/7 Championship.
- Roman Reigns w/Paul Heyman beat Jey Uso to retain the WWE Universal Championship in an “I Quit” Hell in a Cell match. This was the first “I Quit” match in WWE in over five years. A strap was used with Roman Reigns telling Uso he does the whipping around here. Remember when Daniel Bryan got fired from WWE for choking Justin Roberts with his tie? The strap was used by Uso to choke out Reigns. He still refused to quit. Uso brought a table inside the ring. Reigns countered by hitting a Superman Punch. Reigns worked Uso’s head into the ring post. They sent out WWE producers Adam Pearce, Pat Buck, Jamie Noble and referees to check on him. Reigns continued the attack when Jey did not quit. Jimmy ended up coming out and covering his brother and asked Roman what was wrong with him. Reigns ended up putting Jimmy in a guillotine choke. This allowed for Jey to come to and tell the referee he quit. Afa and Sika, Reigns’ father and uncle, came out on the stage after the match. They put leis on him and hugged him. This featured great storytelling, even if the outcome was predictable.
- Jeff Hardy beat Elias by disqualification. Elias brought the guitar into the ring and Hardy cut him off and hit him with it to trigger the finish. This was a come down match and there was not much to it.
- The Miz w/John Morrison beat Otis w/Tucker to win the Money in the Bank contract. There has only been one person to lose the Money in the Bank contract and that was 13 years ago. The finish saw Tucker turn on Otis and hit him with the Money in the Bank briefcase. This allowed Miz to get the pinfall victory. John Morrison was ejected so Tucker helping Miz caught everyone by surprise. Miz told Kayla Braxton after the match he had successfully cashed it in before and would do it again. He put the champions on notice. Tucker said this wasn’t about Otis but he carried the load for Heavy Machinery. He said he did everything for Otis and he was just an afterthought. He said Otis cannot function without him.
- Sasha Banks beat Bayley in a Hell in a Cell match to win the WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship. This was the third women’s Hell in a Cell match in WWE history. Sasha Banks has worked all three (she lost her previous two to Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch respectively). Bayley brought a chair with her. There several weapons used – kendo sticks, a table and a fire extinguisher. The finish saw Banks wrap Bayley’s head in a chair and hit the Bank Statement to get the win. Banks was favored to go over clean, well, as clean as you can in a gimmick match so the outcome is of no surprise.
- Charly Caruso interviewed Retribution. MVP interrupted and announced Slapjack’s opponent as Lashley. MVP raised the stakes and made it a United States Championship match.
- Bobby Lashley beat Slapjack to retain the WWE United States Championship. This was nothing more than a squash match with Lashley applying the Hurt Lock and getting the win in under four minutes. Afterwards, T-Bar and Mace attacked Lashley while Mustafa Ali barked orders. The Hurt Business came out to assist but Ali was able to escape with the rest of Retribution.
- An ad for Survivor Series focused on it being the 30th anniversary of The Undertaker. The show is Sunday, November 22, 2020.
- Randy Orton beat Drew McIntyre in a Hell in a Cell match to win the WWE Championship. The ring steps were used as a weapon. Orton had bolt cutters that he found underneath the ring. The finish saw McIntyre go for a Claymore Kick but Orton avoided it. He popped up and hit an RKO and pinned him clean to win the title. The match was over 30 minutes. Orton is now a 14-time world champion.