WWE Monday Night Raw Results
Live from the ThunderDome at Amway Center in Orlando, FL
October 12, 2020 on the USA Network
Storyline Developments & Promo Highlights:
- Randy Orton talked up his upcoming Hell in a Cell match against WWE Champion Drew McIntyre. McIntyre came out and they brawled. McIntyre hit a side slam onto the broadcast table. He rolled him back into the ring but Orton got away. This was a way to keep McIntyre looking strong after being pinned by Orton last week.
- The Miz and John Morrison hosted Miz TV with Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke as guests. Miz wanted Rose to thank him for the opportunity to compete on Raw. She called him petty. Miz asked Dana if she wanted to team with Mandy again after the split between Rose and Sonya Deville. He noted they would both be in a battle royal where there could only be one winner. Rose responded to Brooke, “May the best woman win.” Natalya and Lana came out. Rose told Lana if she spent more time training and less time on Tik Tok, she would win more matches. Natalya attacked Rose and a brawl ensued.
- The Miz and John Morrison remained in the ring after things broke down, as Miz announced Morrison as his Plan B guest. Lars Sullivan ended up coming out. The Miz bailed and Morrison took the beating. Miz tried to pull Morrison out but Sullivan caught him.
- Adam Pearce told The Street Profits and The New Day they could swap title belts since they had switched. Everyone agreed when Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode complained about not getting a shot at the Street Profits. Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods offered them a shot.
- Seth Rollins came out for his goodbye address and stated it was the end of an era. Jeff Hardy came out and confronted Rollins. Rollins told Hardy he should be focused on his match on SmackDown against Lars Sullivan. AJ Styles came out and a brawl between the three ensued. Hardy hit Poetry in Motion on Rollins. He called for a triple threat match between the three.
- Ricochet approached The Hurt Business backstage. They were discussing Retribution when MVP asked Ricochet if he was a glutton for punishment. Ricochet asked for one more match. MVP asked if he was retiring. Ricochet said he was retiring The Hurt Business. Apollo Crews could be drafted to Raw and he would be alone. Ricochet offered to face any Hurt Business member. If he wins, the beef is over. If he loses, he’ll join the faction. Cedric Alexander got in his face.
- Elias was interviewed by Charly Caruso about his return. He had the broken guitar with him he used on the back of Jeff Hardy. He said everyone has forgiven Jeff Hardy but he won’t forgive him for hitting him with a guitar and taking him out several months. His next album Universal Truth will be available on October 26. He said he’ll hold an unforgettable concert for his official return next week.
Make sure to follow our Live Draft Tracker. Note all picks were announced live by Stephanie McMahon.
“The Fiend” Bray Wyatt to Raw
Bayley to Smackdown
Randy Orton to Raw
The Street Profits to Smackdown
Charlotte Flair to Raw
Braun Strowman to Raw
Daniel Bryan to Smackdown
Matt Riddle to Raw
Kevin Owens to Smackdown
Jeff Hardy to Raw
Retribution to Raw
Lars Sullivan to Smackdown
Keith Lee to Raw
King Corbin to Smackdown
Alexa Bliss to Raw
Sami Zayn to Smackdown
Lacey Evans to Raw
Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura to Smackdown
Sheamus to Raw
Nikki Cross to Raw
Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode to Smackdown
R-Truth to Raw
Apollo Crews to Smackdown
Dabba-Kato to Raw
Titus O’Neil to Raw
Carmella to Smackdown
Peyton Royce to Raw
Aleister Black to Smackdown
Akira Tozawa to Raw
1) Kevin Owens beat Aleister Black in a No DQ match. The finish saw Owens hit a Stunner and powerbomb Black through a table to get the clean pinfall. This could be the end of a feud that was booked under the “even Steven” principle.
2) AJ Styles beat Jeff Hardy & Seth Rollins in a triple threat match. Elias returned in the match and smashed a guitar over Hardy’s back. Styles used the interference to pin Hardy.
3) Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke beat Natalya and Lana. This was quick with Rose hitting a senton and pinning her for the three county. Natalya left her after the match.
4) Angel Garza beat Andrade. Zelina Vega was on commentary. Garza hit a Wing Clipper and covered Andrade for the pinfall. After the match, The Fiend’s entrance overwhelmed the ThunderDome. When the lights came back up, Alexa Bliss was in the ring with Wyatt. They hit Sister Abigails on Andrade and Vega.
5) Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods beat Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler to retain the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship. Kingston kicked Roode and double teamed with Woods to hit the Midnight Hour and then pinned him to win. This was a lengthy match that had some clunky moments but the overall product was fine.
6) Ricochet beat Cedric Alexander w/The Hurt Business by DQ. The stipulation was if Ricochet lost, he had to join the Hurt Business. MVP slid a chair into the ring but Ricochet got it. He slammed the mat with the chair, handed it to Alexander and acted injured. The referee called for the bell.
7) Lana won a dual brand battle royal earn a shot at Asuka and the WWE Raw Women’s Championship on next week’s show. Participants included Nia Jax, Shayna Baszler, Billie Kay, Mandy Rose, Natalya, Lana, Dana Brooke, Nikki Cross, Liv Morgan, Ruby Riott, Bianca Belair, Peyton Royce and Lacey Evans. Lana eliminated Natalya to win the match. Drew McIntyre and Randy Orton brawled backstage during the match. Afterwards, it spilled out to ringside. Producers and referees tore them apart to end the show.