WWE Monday Night Raw Results
Live from the ThunderDome at Amway Center in Orlando, FL
October 19, 2020 on the USA Network
Storyline Developments & Promo Highlights:
- Alexa Bliss stood in the middle of the ring with the lighting turning red to open the show. “Monday Night Raw, he’s here,” Bliss said. “Let him in.” “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt came out and joined her in the ring. Retribution surrounded the ring as the Fiend and Bliss held hands. Mustafa Ali got in the ring first, followed by the other Retribution members. Ali held up his hand but the lights when out. When they came back up, Fiend and Bliss were gone. The Hurt Business came out and cleared Retribution from the ring. As the show went to break, Cedric Alexander performed a flip dive.
- Charly Caruso interviewed WWE Champion Drew McIntyre. She asked about his inexperience in Hell in a Cell matches. McIntyre said Orton’s experience would give him a massive advantage over any other superstar but he’s not just any other superstar. McIntyre vowed to put Orton through more hell than he could ever imagine.
- Elias came out with a full band. He plugged his “Universal Truth” album and did the “Walk With Elias” bit. He performed the song “Amen” and stated he hoped JEff Hardy was listening closely. Elias played “Lead Me Home” after the pyro went off. “I love none of you,” Elias said after plugging his album again. Elias acted as if he was going to leave but said the fans wanted an encore. A mystery guitarist, revealed as Jeff Hardy, went after Elias.
- Backstage, Tucker blamed The Miz and John Morrison for Heavy Machinery splitting up. He vowed to find a partner and Miz accepted the challenge.
- Mustafa Ali cut a backstage promo about creating chaos. He said he could do with with a laptop or cellphone. Ali revealed he was the hacker on SmackDown because he wants to world to know the place is sick and infecting everyone with greed and corruption.
- Backstage, Titus O’Neil pitched himself to The Hurt Business. MVP spoke with the others and replied, we are in business.” Titus thought that meant he was in but they repeated the tagline, “we are in business.” The faction attacked him.
- The Miz and John Morrison called out Tucker and his partner. He introduced a performer named El Gran Gordo, who was Otis in a mask and cape. Otis called him out for holding the Money in the Bank lunchbox. Miz bragged about separating Heavy Machinery.
- The Firefly Funhouse segment showed Bray Wyatt unpacking from the move to Raw. He is sad to leave his friends on Smackdown, but can’t wait to make new friends on Raw. Huskus likes it on Raw, Rabbit said he will be a better husband. Wyatt didn’t know Rabbit had a wife but Rabbit said Wyatt never asked. Wyatt promised to be a better friend. Alexa Bliss showed up and Wyatt said they were just getting started. Wyatt and Bliss waved goodbye.
- Randy Orton came out after the Hell in a Cell was lowered over the ring. He talked about Sunday being the eighth time for him inside Hell in a Cell. He talked up past opponents and how they are future Hall of Famers. Drew McIntyre came out. McIntyre stood outside the locked cage door and Orton taunted him. McIntyre used bolt cutters to cut the lock. Orton stood there waiting with a chair. McIntyre closed the door behind him and said it was just him and Orton and that his ass belonged to him.
1) The Hurt Business” Bobby Lashley, MVP, Shelton Benjamin and Cedric Alexander beat “Retribution” Mustafa Ali, T-Bar, Mace and Slapjack. Lashley made T-Bar submit in the Hurt Luck (a/k/a Full Nelson). The Fiend was featured on the big screen at one point. After the match, The Fiend was in the ring when the lights went down and came back up. He took out Retribution while The Hurt Business watched by the stage. T-Bar took Sister Abigail from Wyatt. Given the clean submission win from the Hurt Business and Wyatt hitting his finisher, is this the beginning of the faction’s end?
2) AJ Styles with Jordan Omogbehin beat Matt Riddle. Styles hit Styles Clash and pinned him for the win.
3) Asuka beat Lana to retain the WWE Raw Women’s Championship. Asuka made Lana tap out in the Asuka Lock in just over two minutes. After the match, Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler came out and attacked. They put Lana through a table. That’s five table spots Lana has done since Miro told Vince McMahon to kiss his ass on AEW Dynamite.
4) WWE Women’s Tag Champions Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler beat Mandy Rose & Dana Brooke, Lacey Evans & Peyton Royce and Liv Morgan & Ruby Riott in 8:30 in a four-way non-title match. Jax pinned Lacey Evans to win the match.
5) Kofi Kingston beat Sheamus. Kofi hit Trouble in Paradise and pinned him for the victory.
6) Tucker and El Gran Gordon beat The Miz and John Morrison. Mark Henry was spotted in the crowd for the second time. Gordo did all of Otis’s moves (it was Otiz) and pinned The Miz to win the match in just under five minutes.
7) Braun Strowman beat Keith Lee. Wyatt hit a low blow with his head, followed with a big boot and pinned him for the victory. After the match, Lee kicked Strowman in the groin.